1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Best Bred By Exhibitor

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Redyre Rotties, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Redyre Rotties

Redyre Rotties Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2009
    North Carolina, USA
    Today we made the cut in Best of Breed, and then we went back in the ring and won BEST BRED BY EXHIBITOR.

As much as I have thought about it, its hard to put the past week into words. We won something every day. W - Best in Sweeps T- Best of Opposite Sex, 5 pt GCH major, finished her GCH title. F - Best in Sweeps, and stayed in BOB until the end. Sunday, made the first cut in Breed, and Best Bred By Exhibitor. My goal was to win Best BBX from the start. This has been the experience of a lifetime.

To have this much success in this level of competition is just mind boggling for me. She is still so young yet, with so much promise to grow into and fulfill, I can hardly imagine what 2012 has in store for us.

If you like, you can watch the Bred By Exhibitor Working Group competition on the AKC website.

Thanks to so many of you who are sharing our journey. I love my puppy so much. [​IMG]

2. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

Congrats!! How exciting!!! [​IMG]

3. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    I saw that posted already. Congrats.

[​IMG]

4. carolinagirl58

carolinagirl58 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Lugoff, SC
    Fantastic! There were a lot of really nice Rotties there and she kicked butt! Congrats! I know you must be thrilled. What a weekend!!!

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Red, was Katie IN Working Class?

I just watched it!

Congrats on your awesome journey!!!!

7. Redyre Rotties

Redyre Rotties Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2009
    North Carolina, USA
    Yes, we were the Rottweiler in the Bred By Exhibitor Working Group.

8. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

That's fantastic! Congratulations! [​IMG]

9. AinaWGSD

AinaWGSD Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Sullivan, IL
    Congratulations Red! [​IMG] [​IMG] That's so exciting, and I don't even have the pleasure of knowing Katie.

10. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    congrats Katie!! [​IMG] Some people from my kennel club and I were talking about it and I said "I know that dog!" lol

A friend from grade school had a crested she bred there as well. I haven't heard how she did and haven't had time to check.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by