Best breed for small chicken tractor

Dgrundy14

Chirping
May 28, 2016
Leeds, Alabama
I'm a first time chicken owner. I have a small brand new chicken tractor and want to make sure I pick the perfect birds. I want them to be friendly and good layer. I'm thinking about sex links and really like the black sex link. I want 3 females. Should I get a black, buff and red sex or should I stick with one type? Is the sex link a good beginner bird?

Please help, would love to have input from knowledgeable chicken lovers. Thanks so much for this forum so I can learn the best way to take care of my ladies and have a happy coop!

Yes, you can get an assortment of Sex-links. As far as I know I believe Buff and Red sex-links are pretty much the same. Also if your looking to raise for egg production then I think sex-links are the breed for you.

Well, these birds have had good and bad reviews as far as friendliness goes. I have one and she is the sweetest member in my flock (well the nicest to humans). Always walking by the front door when I free range them (or the back door) and popping her head in the window trying to get in
lol.png

Since I'm only getting 3 chicks from a great breeder, I should be able to spend time with them and tame them, right?

Below I am trying to import an image of my tractor coop that I will be using. Thanks for all your help!

Since I'm only getting 3 chicks from a great breeder, I should be able to spend time with them and tame them, right?

Below I am trying to import an image of my tractor coop that I will be using. Thanks for all your help!
Yes, I think you should be able to. That's a nice looking coop!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom