Best breeds to show

Rosto

Songster
12 Years
Dec 15, 2010
Alabama
I want to start showing Mottled Houdans. I really love the breed. I am curious.. What was the first breed you chose to show? Why did you choose that breed. Where did you get your birds? What advice for a newbie.

I want to start showing Mottled Houdans. I really love the breed. I am curious.. What was the first breed you chose to show? Why did you choose that breed. Where did you get your birds? What advice for a newbie.
Im not showing yet, Im trying to improve my birds but I have time. I am starting with Australorps, Leghorns and Polish, I will show in next few years. I gathered alot of informatin and alot more to get. Here are my tips- Type is first, body shape is everything. PAC- Preformance, Adittude and Color. Preformance being good breeder/layer, adittude being behaviour/agression which will pass on to offspring and color being close to SOP color. Weight is also important, feed and enviroment always play a role. I don't really know how it is in America, I guess they train birds before show, to stay and not be scared of the people watching them and being in small cage. Here where I am, you should just bring good calm bird in short but it doesn't need to be nice.

Back
Top Bottom