Best brooder hen?Best brown egg layer?Best layer to make sexlink?HELP!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by 9farmgirl9, May 15, 2011.

1. 9farmgirl9

9farmgirl9 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    Jasper, Mo
    Best Brooder?
    I am wanting to know what breed of hen is most likely going to be a great setter and mother.

Beat brown egg layer?
    Also what is the best brown egg laying breed?

Best layer to make sexlinks?
    Another i am wanting to know an excellent laying breed that i can can use to make a red sexlink with a RIR roo. Like an example: i have a RIR roo and ________. What type of hen lay REALLY good but can still make sex links with RIR roo.

Thanks [​IMG]

2. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:
    Best Brooder?
    I am wanting to know what breed of hen is most likely going to be a great setter and mother.

American Game (most Gamefowl in-general) will make some of the best brooders/mothering hen you will ever find.

Beat brown egg layer?
    Also what is the best brown egg laying breed?

A good line of "Cherry Eggers" or a Indian River (Delaware X Hampshire) will produce a lot of big Brown eggs.

Best layer to make sexlinks?
    Another i am wanting to know an excellent laying breed that i can can use to make a red sexlink with a RIR roo. Like an example: i have a RIR roo and ________. What type of hen lay REALLY good but can still make sex links with RIR roo.

If you are wanting to produce Sex-link offspring that are very good layers, try a Rhode Island Red rooster over a Delaware, Light Sussex or even better yet a Silver or Columbian Leghorn but the Silver and Columbian Leghorns are going to be a little hard to find.

Chris​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by