Best buds

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by newtofarmlife, Apr 14, 2009.

1. newtofarmlife

newtofarmlife Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2009
    mission b.c
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. silentrunning

silentrunning Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    Venice, Florida
    You are a very trusting soul. Be sure to keep the cat well fed. [​IMG]

3. BeccaOH

BeccaOH Morning Gem Farm

Oct 3, 2008
    east central Ohio
    Adorable -- but not at my house! Cats got a beautiful bluebird this weekend. [​IMG]

4. newtofarmlife

newtofarmlife Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2009
    mission b.c
    Just so everyone knows the kitty and the chick are really good friends[but i am always right there] the chick follows the cat and the cat sits there and will groom the chick[with me there]but it is a very odd cat as it also snuggles with the guinea pigs and grooms them also and when I go for a ride on our horse he jumps up and lays in front of me and comes alongs for the ride[backyard only]...But i do have another cat that I would never in my life let it go anywhere near the babies...but the kitty and the chick actually do sleep like that when I am on the couch and they both fall asleep well untill I take the baby away and then the poor confused kitty will go lie down outside the cage and wait for his friend to come back to him

5. Mandalina

Mandalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    that is really cute! i have tried to get my kitten (4 mths) to be loving towards my chickens but she is still looking at them like the are dinner. oh well lol.

6. GivingItAGo

GivingItAGo Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2009
    That is cute but if you train the cat not to go for the chick, be careful you don't inadvertently train it not to go for mice. Last thing you want is lots of mice and a cat that isn't interested.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by