Best cheap incubator.

Ezra1789

In the Brooder
Apr 15, 2020
Hi everyone. I'm looking into starting to incubate my own eggs. I was thinking a 48 egg self turning with everything built in but I am starting to think like 12-18 would be fine. We want something we can watch them hatch controls humidity and self turning. Hoping around $100. Any recommendations?

If you are enterprising, you might get a better incubator for your needs by building one yourself. Of course, you might not have the tools or space, etc.

The $100 or less limits you a bit. There are some good incubators, but many are around $130/$140 or higher. Incuview 360 is a popular choice around $140. Many incubators are sold out right now, as well.

I bought the cheapest one I could find - a Little Giant Still-Air incubator for $49, and it holds 42 chicken eggs, but manual turn and no fan. But got some good hatches. I did just purchase the circulator fan for an additional $21. You can buy the egg turner for additional cost. Most farm stores have a cheap choice, up to pretty expensive, so start by looking at Rural King or Tractor Supply websites to begin a search. Incubator warehouse has some good information too, and sells supplies for make your own incubators.

Ive made my own small incubator as well. But it is pretty small, so went with the Little Giant.

If you are enterprising, you might get a better incubator for your needs by building one yourself. Of course, you might not have the tools or space, etc.

The $100 or less limits you a bit. There are some good incubators, but many are around $130/$140 or higher. Incuview 360 is a popular choice around $140. Many incubators are sold out right now, as well.

I bought the cheapest one I could find - a Little Giant Still-Air incubator for $49, and it holds 42 chicken eggs, but manual turn and no fan. But got some good hatches. I did just purchase the circulator fan for an additional $21. You can buy the egg turner for additional cost. Most farm stores have a cheap choice, up to pretty expensive, so start by looking at Rural King or Tractor Supply websites to begin a search. Incubator warehouse has some good information too, and sells supplies for make your own incubators.

Ive made my own small incubator as well. But it is pretty small, so went with the Little Giant.

I was given a very used little giant styrofoam incubator that did have a fan added. After reading the awful reviews i was skeptical but the guy that gave it to me said it’s been good for him. I’ve hatched 2 sets of guineas (16 and 32 keets) and 1 set of chickens (22 chicks) all around 75-80% hatch rate! I hand turned all of them 3x’s a day.

Little giants have cost me so many chicks that I'll never use one again.
Hovabators are about the same price and are sooooo much better.

Little giants have cost me so many chicks that I'll never use one again.
Hovabators are about the same price and are sooooo much better.

Even the cheap styrofoam still-air one?

Asking bc my current one won’t last forever, of course. Seems like TSC sells Little Giant, but Rural King sells Hovabator.

Back
Top Bottom