Best Chili recipes

Ellie

Songster
12 Years
Aug 10, 2007
Redding, Ca.
I am making some chili this weekend. Gosh, I probably haven't made it in 20 years, so thought I would check in here and see how y'all make yours.

Let's see some great chili recipes!

Last edited:
Hi, mine is so simple it might not look good, but it is:
I lb. ground chuck (or the grade you like)
1 can Bush's Chili Magic traditional flavor (If you cannot find that a use a can of chili beans) 1 48 oz. can of good quality tomato juice.
salt to taste
dilantini (sp) or any small macaroni product (optional)

Brown meat, drain if necessary, add beans and tomato juice. I add about 2/3 of the tomato juice to start then add the rest as needed. Just simmer awhile. About 1/2 hour before serving I sprinkle in the dilatini.

It is much better the second day. I don't like all the chopped veggies and extra stuff. Heat can be added by the individuals. My SIL uses hot sauce on his. The macaroni is optional too.
Gram

I just happened to catch this. I would like to tell you this recipe. A lot of people dont like the sounds of it but when they taste it they approve. I developed this because I HATE KIDNeY BEANS. Alright, that includes chili beans and the other beans. they are kidney beans. all of them. anyway, here ya go.

burger
onions
green pepper
pepper
chili pwder
pepper
all fried and then drained (never used to drain but am getting older now.)

in lg stockpot put in
can of mushrooms undrained
can of stewed tomatoes undrained
1-2 cans v8 juice

put burger mix in to stockpot
add 3/4 c white vinegar
add 1 c brown sugar
add more chili powder

you can adjust this all to taste....simmer.
should tast kinda hot and kinda sweet and kinda tart. hope ya like it.
smile.png

Last edited:
because my children do not like Red Kidney beans I add two cans of tomato based brown beans....instead of kidney beans....a friend who's a "veggie' thats her nick name also...uses alot of different kind of beans and adds more spices..garlic !.mmmmm mmmmmm

White Chicken Chili

This is a LOT of food...I make this for family gatherings in our 5 qt crock pot and it feeds a lot of people! You can downsize to fit your needs.

3 cans of green chiles (or you can do jalapenos, if you like it spicier), NOT drained
3 shredded, cooked boneless/skinless chicken breasts, (I boil mine in chicken broth with one can of green chiles until cooked & then drain off the water & let cool before shredding)
1 chopped onion (yellow or white)
2 cans of corn, drained
2 cans of white beans or great northern beans, drained & rinsed
2 cans of navy beans, drained & rinsed
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 packets of White Chicken Chili seasoning (McCormick's), you'd want to use just one in a smaller serving!

Add all of the above into the crock pot. Gently stir everything together to get the seasoning & the stuff all mixed up. Set on low for 7-8 hours or on high for approx. 3 hours. Serve hot with cornbread or a salad.

Here's a simple chili recipe that I've used for years. Everyone loves it, and it's quick and simple. I use my 6 qt crockpot, and if you use the Reynold's slow cooker liners, clean up is a breeze.

McCormick's Chili Seasoning packets. The amount of chili you want depends on how many you use. For a crockpot full I use three. Mild or spicy, the choice is yours.

Lean ground beef or venison - Amount depends on how many chili packets you use. Use 1 lb per packet. Again, for a full pot, I use 3 lb, since we like our chili meaty.

Canned diced tomatoes - again, use 1 can for each packet.

Canned red kidney beans - we like them so I use 2 cans for a crock pot full.

1 16 oz. jar of your favorite chunky salsa.

Brown ground beef or venison and drain fat. Add to crockpot and just throw in all other ingredients. Combine all well and cook on low 8 hours, or to hurry up the goodness, cook on high for 4 hours. Because of the canned tomatoes, I sometimes find I need to add a little sugar to balance out the acid in the tomatoes, and I will sometimes add a little more chili powder too.

You can sub your favorite beans for the red kidney beans, or leave them out all together and serve this chili over hot dogs topped w/chopped onions and grated cheese for great chili dogs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom