best Chinese chicken recipe!!!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by afre13, Mar 9, 2013.

1. afre13

afre13 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2013
    You will need:

1. Soy sauce
    2. Ginger
    3. Garlic
    4. Fresh or frozen veggies of your choice (optional)
    5. A wok, or large skillet.
    6. And the most important ingredient CHICKEN BREAST

Before I start off, I never use measurements with this, it's all up to your taste!

Start off by chopping up your chicken breast into chunks (as much as you or your family can eat)

Pour your soy sauce in a large bowl and add your ginger, and garlic to taste. (If you don't like a stronger salty taste, add less soy sauce, and add a bit of water.)

Once your marinade has been made, place your chicken bites in, and place the bowl in the fridge for 30 mins to marinate.

After the 30 mins are over you start cooking

If you're using a wok, turn it to 400ยบ
    If you're using a skillet, turn the eye on to about 6-8

Place a small amount of bites in the wok/skillet and stir.

Stir until the chicken looks done, and to make sure cut the biggest chunk to make sure its done all the way through. Place in a seperate container.

Keep cooking small batches until they are all cooked.

Once the chicken is done its time for the veggie.

Place the veggies in the skillet, with the juice that was already there from the chicken. Stir the veggies around until thawed, or done if fresh

Enjoy

2. ArmFarm

ArmFarm Out Of The Brooder

Aug 13, 2011
    Sounds great! I would like to try this, love chinese!

1 person likes this.
  3. wyoDreamer

wyoDreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    I use a little "Chinese 5 Spice" with mine when I do it. Believe it or not, a touch a cinnamon is fantastic in stir-fry if you don't have 5 Spice.

1 person likes this.
  4. Cafuen

Cafuen Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2013
    You can make Chinese chicken wings by just marinading wings in soy sauce with garlic and green onions... Grill em to your liking and I usually make a little gravy boat type of thing out of aluminum and roast the green onion and garlic with the soy sauce for dipping.

5. wyoDreamer

wyoDreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    The chicken wings sound good too! I will have to try those.

6. cuppycake

cuppycake Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2013
    Duluth, MN
    I make something really similar to your recipe. I dredge the chicken in egg wash then flour and fry it, then I make the sauce in a sauce pan and keep that going on low so it's warm (I also add honey to the sauce.) After the fried chicken pieces are cooked I toss them in the sauce and then put them on a cookie sheet. they go into the oven at 200 to keep warm while I finish the whole batch. The honey makes the coating sticky and crispy, and sweet. It's a favorite at our house and my friends always want me to make it for them.

I also never measure ingredients when I make it (or, most other things really.) Mom always said a good cook follows her taste buds instead of a recipe. ;)

7. Cafuen

Cafuen Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2013
    That sounds good, and Mom is right! I don't measure much myself (its called Soul Food lol). I don't marinate for long either i find that even a few minutes is enough with the soy sauce.

8. Kjordanov

Kjordanov Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2012
    NW
    We are having stir fry tonight, I'm going to try this!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by