Best clothes iron?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Nicole01, May 20, 2012.

1. Nicole01

Nicole01 Crowing

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    I need help. I bought a T-Fal iron thinking it would be decent with 4.5 stars on amazon.com, plus it was cheap.$30.00

I hate it! The steam function has a mind of its own and I've burnt my hand twice in the 3 weeks I've owned it.:/

My husband has more dress clothes then the entire Macy's department store and they need to be pressed for his work.

What's the best iron for the job? I'd like to keep it under $100 if possible. My daughter is graduating HS and it's using up a lot of our funds.

I iron daily. Plus, when winter comes I need a good iron for my quilting.

Can you please help me by telling me the best brand and model? Thank you!

It must have the steam option as well.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  3. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Free Ranging

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    My favorite iron is the one someone else does the ironing with. personally I don't mind the wrinkles :lol:

4. Nicole01

Nicole01 Crowing

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    I'd like a Rowenta, but have no clue what model.

I have to iron hubby's clothes for his work. He can't wear wrinkly clothes.:p. I wish, I hate ironing.lol

5. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Songster

Mar 9, 2009
    Winfield
    Keep an eye out on ebay or craigslist, or a newspaper for a presser. The kind they use in a dry cleaners. They take a little getting used to, but they will press a crease in pants or shirts in a second, and really neat! You may still need a cheapo iron for the quilting.

This is what I have in mind. It is kind of expensive, but you may be able to find a used one somewhere. I used a professional one in a sewing plant, and loved it. You may like it enough that the price is worth it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Steam-Fast-...210?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19cfcbeb82

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  6. I'm with you 1MuttsFan. I do own one, the cheapest I could find, and use it for making custom T-shirts.

7. Nicole01

Nicole01 Crowing

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Nice! I will keep a lookout for this! This particular one is a bit spendy.

Last edited: May 21, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: