1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Best Compliment Ever!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by PineappleMama, Dec 12, 2009.

1. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

So I got a really really awesome compliment yesterday and wanted to share. And it dawned on me that others may have had similar experiences, so thought I'd start a topic for Best Compliments... it's such a relative thing, it's interesting to see what touches each of us. Remember "You Complete Me"... or how about "You make me want to be a better man"?? Those are movie quotes, but how about the real life jaw droppers??

One year I had two really great ones...

Our pediatrician ask me 'What's your secret?" because he only saw my kids for their annual exam... why don't they get ill!
    That one was really neat.

Then in the fall. My sister really can't cook, so when she was going to her dad's family's for Thanksgiving she asked for help. I made a batch of mashed potatoes, and a batch of my sweet potatoes for her to take. Granny P sent her back asking for my recipe for sweet potatoes. That would be a Great Grandmother... asking for my recipe... OMG.

So those were two really really awesome ones for me... but this latest takes the cake. The school had a program (Nanny Claus - North Pole meets Mary Poppins) and it ran over... the bell had rung and all the kids were still in the cafe! So at the end we're hustling to the class. Erin's teacher was trying to herd all the first graders into their coats, get backpacks, get their craft gifts, and lunchboxes. She asked me to peek out and see if any parents were there, and she'd get those kids first. Cool. So I took one out (dad is ALWAYS there early) and asked if any others were for this teacher. One said Michela... so back I go and tell Teach. So she tells her to come on, she's juggling and trying to zip her bag up with gloves on, not working. Ask if she has a coat... Oh Hold On... hands me her bag and asks me to zip, no problem. Then she struggles with the hoodie... takes off hat and gloves... nothing... thanks to sleeves being inside out. So I took it and shook it and helped her into it. Then helped with her gloves and she looked up at me and said..

"You're a really good mom. Erin's lucky to have you."

I swear I just about started bawling right then.

ANYWHO. If anyone else has had one of those awesome boost moments feel free to share that joy with us!

Oh, and before anyone gets all jealous... the kids and I went to Macys today and as the clerk is scanning Alex's new hoodie she says "Oh are you buying this for your grandson?" NOT what I wanted to hear on the eve of my 30th birthday TYVM! [​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

A 31 year old member here thought that I was younger than him. I am 48. That one will always stick in my head.

3. PineappleMama

Oh aren't those awesome! [​IMG]

I get all happy anytime I get carded... it's so RARE!

But B's been carded every time he wants so much as a lotto ticket... [​IMG]

4. 19Dawn76

19Dawn76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2009
    Toadsuck, AR
    [​IMG] out of the mouths of babes. I bet you are a great mom. I was 30 when i had my son so I sometimes think I will be the oldest mom at his high school graduation.

5. PineappleMama

Don't even stress at all hon. There are kids in Alex's class who's mom's just celebrated the BIG 5-0!

I feel like such a runt!

And, weird moment. There's a lass in his class who's elder brother graduated with us...
    Lots of people are waiting to have kids, or started all over with a second set.
    I can pretty well promise you won't be the oldest mom... by quite a few years!!

Oh, and thank you... isn't that just the sweetest thing! And she's only 6-7 years old!

Let's just hope she uses her powers for good... and not evil (politician, used car saleswoman, etc)

6. debilorrah

Another one when I was much younger - at the bank in the parking lot, this HUGE biker dude starts walking toward me. I am thinkin, uh oh. He stops in front of me and says "I just wanted to tell you that you are a beautiful woman" then he turned and walked away!!!

I was thinkin he needed his eyes checked. [​IMG]

7. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:you are an absolute hottie for a 48 year old... and YES I thought you were younger than me!

8. debilorrah

Quote:you are an absolute hottie for a 48 year old... and YES I thought you were younger than me!

You seriously make me blush every time you say that. Thank you.

9. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI

You seriously make me blush every time you say that. Thank you.

No problem, but for the last 3 months I thought you were FULL of it. I am finally coming to terms with the fact that you are a little bit older than me [​IMG]

10. debilorrah

Quote:You seriously make me blush every time you say that. Thank you.

No problem, but for the last 3 months I thought you were FULL of it. I am finally coming to terms with the fact that you are a little bit older than me [​IMG]

I am old enough to be your mother! I have never fibbed about my age. Ever. I am not one that finds it necessary. You are a flatterer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by