Best Craigslist Deals

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Stacykins, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    I know we hear a lot about the worst of craigslist, but sometimes things work out really well on craigslist too! I know I've gotten some fantastic deals from great people through CL.

Just today, I got some supplies for the coop project. I am trying to be a thrifty as possible, though some stuff I'll have to buy. I got five, still sealed bundles of asphalt roofing shingles, two new rolls of roofing tar paper, and some new home windows for only 40$. I mean, the shingles alone, new, would have cost five times that. I went for the windows originally, they were 5$ a pop and in great condition. When I told the gentleman I was getting supplies for a chicken coop, he led me over to the excess roofing materials from a previous home repair job. I was more than happy to take the materials off his hands! I may go back, since there are other things that could be used that he needed out of his storage area.

I'd love to hear about what golden eggs ya'll have managed to find on Craigslist [​IMG]

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Hello! I love Craigslist too. My best deal ever was a small animal barn that I use for my hen house. It's 8x12, and it was built on skids, so the fellow had it transported to me for only $650.00. I love it! It's got two rooms, an 8x4 and an 8x10, and windows on two sides and a nice man door......I have the little room for storing supplies, and the larger area for the hens.....It's perfect. I painted it red and it really looks cute in the back yard....

3. bluere11e

bluere11e Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2011
    West Palm Beach
    I found a Button quail breeder going out of business. I was the first "normal" person that contacted her. She was so relieved, I ended up getting a LOT of cages, tanks, food, supplies and half a dozen pairs for 100.00 I think I did real well..

4. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    I got a FRIEND! Bought a SS roo from her two years ago, started emailing to let her know how he was doing,and we've been friends ever since. How awesome is THAT! [​IMG]

5. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    That is awesome that you found a friend over CL! Definitely a positive outcome [​IMG]

6. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    I get free ruck loads of composted manure from a local stables that has beautiful healthy horses. I usually finish the compost on the property before I put it in the garden, but man, can't beat that!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by