1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Best Days to incubate

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by hobbychick, Apr 17, 2008.

1. hobbychick

hobbychick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2007
    Illinois
    Hi, I am new to all of this. But I have been raising chickens that I have bought for about 2 years now and I am LOVING it! I have recently decided to try to incubate some eggs.[​IMG] I have everything I need and am all set up but some one had told me that if you incubate in the sign you get better results. Does any one have any idea what the sign is for April or May? It is not in the farmers almanac in the best days section. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thanks!!

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Set them when ever you are ready. I don't think day time, cycles of the moon or how the earth spins matters.

3. EmptyNest

EmptyNest Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2008
    SW Iowa
    For me - it's Friday afternoon. Then I have all weekend to watch them [​IMG]

4. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    According to the Farmer's Almanac, you pick one of the fertile signs for the hatch date and count back 21 days for the set date. I think the next good time is supposed to be this weekend.

5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I always set shipped eggs on thursday mornings. They ship on Monday. I get them on Wednesday. I set them on Thursday. I don't do moon cycles and such either.

6. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I set mine on a sunday morning so they will start hatching on saturday when I'm home.

7. Jayare's Chicks

Jayare's Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    I like to set them on any day that ends in Y.
    Sunday
    Monday
    Tuesday etc etc etc [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Jayare

8. Sunny Chook Farm

Sunny Chook Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    Quote:I do the same........

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by