Best days to set eggs 2010!!!!

mstricer

Crowing
13 Years
Feb 12, 2009
Ohio
Okay here I am reading the Farmers Almanac and low and behold the is a place in the book that tells the best days to set eggs under hen or incubator. here it is

According to Moon lore and Almanac tradition you should ser eggs (palce eggs under a hen or under an incubator) during specific phases of the moon. A chick takes about 21 days to hatch Here are the best days to set eggs in 2010.
JANUARY 1,2,9,28,29
FEBUARY 5,6,25,26
MARCH 5,6,25
APRIL1,2,28,29
MAY 2,6,27
JUNE 3-5,22,23,30
JULY1,2,20,28,29
AUGUST 24-26
SEPTEMPER 21,22,30
OCTOBER 1,18,19,28,29
NOVEMBER 15,16,24-26
DECEMBER 21,22,29

There you go thats probally my problem with my last two hatchs not following the moon phases. Remember these are for 2010. Lets start off right and see if it works.
caf.gif

RE: Farmer's Almanac

Some years ago, in Farmer's Almanac, I read that when planting a garden.........

If it is a "root-crop" (such as potatoes, carrots, turnips, onions), they should be planted when the moon is "dark" (waning).

"Above-Ground" crops such as tomatoes, cucumbers, grapes, corn, etc. should be planted in the FULL of the moon (or when it is "waxing").

I dunno.
idunno.gif
hu.gif
caf.gif

-Junkmanme-
old.gif

Yeah something like that it shows what the best days are to plant all kinds of things

Daddy would try to plant by the signs and I suppose there is some truth to them working. My wifes daddy and grandpaw farmed for a living. Her grandpaw planted by the signs, the only signs her dad used where if it was dry enought to plow and warm enough to plant. Both men raised Tomatoes and Tobacco and there was never a big enough difference in their crops to say that planting by the signs was a better method than planting whenever you got around to it. I remember my fatherinlaws gardens and he always raised more than could be eaten or canned.

Back
Top Bottom