Best Deal on Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Pine Roost, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Pine Roost

Pine Roost Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2012
    South Carolina
    Brinsea Mini Advanced Incubator

I think that I have settled on this incubator and was looking around for the best price. Best I found was $149 + S&H or $160 and no shipping costs. Has anyone found a better deal somewhere else?
    Buying for a first time incubator, and also to hopefully slowly expand the flock.

2. Maah

Maah Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2012
    W.Michigan
    I bought a mini advance at the beginning of the month. Brinsea had them on sale for $149 plus $20 shipping. But I also found a checkout code online that I used (& it worked) for $15 off. The code was: ADozenGirlz --So my total cost was $155. I was ready to buy & didn't feel like shopping around any more, so I did that. I liked that the best price I was able to manage was direct from the manufacturer. Oh! Reminds me... I'd better mail in that registration card! :)

3. Life is Good!

Life is Good! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    suburbia Chicagoland
    Those are the prices we found before Christmastime.

I've got our first hatch set now...6 of 7 eggs are viable and going strong. Will hatch on 2/4. Can't wait!

It's well worth the cost. I do wish the model received had a humidity guage, but didn't spring for the extra cost. Frankly, it'd just be something else to fuss about. Keeping the resevoir 1/2 full isn't hard, but I find myself futzing with it all often.

Also, some of our eggs are more 'torpedo' shaped than 'egg' shaped...and those are having some challenges turning. The automatic turner is working fine, the eggs are just so long and narrow, I find they slip a bit in the spaces. Nothing alarming - candling is showing they're all developing well, just pick your eggs more carefully than I did!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by