Best Deals going?

dadof4

Songster
11 Years
Aug 30, 2008
mississippi
Wondering if anyone has bought or seen good deals on cornish x's. I normally order from Welp's, just wondering what else was out there. Thanks.

I usually do 75+ at a time, but I will most likely just do 50 before it gets cold-IF it ever gets cold again.

We bought from Ideal this time. It was 1.56 per chick including shipping. All the others we looked at the price per chick may have been lower but shipping was outrageous.

http://www.schlechthatchery.com/chickens.htm

88c
for Straight run, $15 shipping to most places. They have a shipping chart
smile.png

So here's what I've got so far for 50 straight run chicks:

Ideal hatchery: 86.50 since they charge a small box fee for anything under 100 chicks
hmm.png
and thats why I won't buy from them unless I need only like 8 chicks.

Schlecht hatchery: unfortunatly for me I'm zone 4 so they have to airmail so its 67.40(shipping included for my zone) + 1.00 per pound for air mail.

Cackle hatchery: 82.00, I think that's before shipping
hmm.png

Mt. Healthy: 79.00 before shipping, they wanted my info before they'd estimate my shipping so I'm not sure what they'd charge

Welp: 69.50 no shipping charges, and that is why I'll buy from Welp.

McMurray: too expensive to mention
tongue.png

Quote:
Just a note about Welp. I bought 18 meat birds, slow broilers, from Welp and all are very healthy at 3 weeks old and growing like weeds. The price is right and I have found the quality to be right also. I didn't go with the cornish x so I can't vouch for those.

Quote:
I just got 52 CX this week from Central Hatchery. They look healthy and active. First order from this hatchery, so far real good.
Total cost including shipping $ 55.05 If these work out I will be ordering from them every time.
This is day four and I've lost one. They are still healthy looking and active.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom