1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Best Deals

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by ChickMommy, Apr 15, 2008.

1. ChickMommy

ChickMommy Hatching

Apr 15, 2008
    What hatcheries do you think have the best deals. Mostly on Bantams. [​IMG]

2. TexasVet

TexasVet Songster

Nov 12, 2008
    Willis TX
    Ideal seems to have a lot of "hatchery choice" overstock specials, where chicks are priced at about $1.10 each. But you need to be on their mailing list or following their Facebook page to get the notifications. But, the best price isn't a bargain if they don't survive shipment, so I'd always order from the closest hatchery.

You can find a current list of hatcheries by state at www.CountryChickens.com.

3. popsicle

popsicle Songster

I live up in Montana and Ideal's chicks have made it up here just fine.

I usually order from Cackle and Ideal. The Cackle Hatchery Surprise is easily one of the most fun and best deals around--but you really have no idea what will be in the box. As mentioned above, Ideal frequently has bantam assortments for around $1 each--but you need to watch closely and they might not be available when you want chicks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: