Best dog toy ever!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by True Grit, Dec 5, 2011.

1. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

I made a dog toy for my dogs with a cheap lunge whip and an old stuffed squirrel toy. Remove the 8 inch popper from the end of the whip and tie on the squirrel and voila! If your dog has any prey drive at all, this can exercise them to exhaustion while you stand in one spot drinking a beer. My dogs' eyes light up when they see it. My terrier got out of the house, grabbed it from the garage and dragged it up to the front steps so I'd come out and whip it around for him. If you have a terrier who doesn't have the chance to hunt, this is the best thing you will ever do for him. [​IMG]

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    OOh you smart!![​IMG]

3. Windrider

Windrider Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oh yeah! [​IMG] A lot of people in my training club make a lunge whip toy for their overly drivey dogs that need to work off some energy. My sheltie goes insane when she sees hers. Hers has the remnants of a plush squirrel (pretty much just a tail) tied to the end.

4. mandelyn

mandelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    LOL cheater.... that's just an oversized cat toy!

I've done that before with a lunge whip, great toy for dogs. You can even put an old sock on the end of it and they're happy.

5. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Great idea! My lab would just sit down and look at me like I'm a moron. Drive? There's only neutral on that dog....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by