BEST EASTER EGG RECIPIES!!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by nadams4, Feb 28, 2008.

1. nadams4

nadams4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2008
    Ohio
    Submit your best easter egg recipies here! Give everyone some new ideas for this years spring holiday!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    thought i would bump this with easter comming, i wish i had some recipes for these.

3. tvtaber

tvtaber Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2007
    Central CA
    We always have creamed eggs on toast for Easter breakfast! I make a thin white sauce with some dried mustard for flavor and everyone contributes at least two easter eggs that are sliced and added to the warm sauce. Heat it through and stand back becuase there is gonna be some eatin'! Chopped ham or onion added to the butter when making the sauce is really tasty, too.

Vicki

4. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I sometimes make deviled eggs. but not the boring ones. nope! I mix my yolk and mayo with different foor colorings. red, blue, green. Its pretty cool

5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
  6. GAhen

GAhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2007
    Carrollton GA
    Potato salad ......yum yum...
    My mom always peeled her potatoes then boiled the eggs and potatoes in the same pot.
    After the potatoes are good and tender......drain them and let them cool.
    Then add mayo to taste ( I use two big spoons full), sweet pickle cubes and dill pickle cubes (about two big spoons full with a little juice). Peel and slice boiled eggs ( about 4-5). Add chopped onion to taste(optional of course).
    Salt and pepper to taste...
    Mix and serve ........just like my mama use to make.
    We are having grilled burgers, potato salad and bake beans this year for easter lunch.
    Yum Yum

7. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Quote:That sounds good!

8. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    Sounds similar to how I make tater salad, but I do add mustard, garlic powder and paprika. Sometimes instead of onions we use celery. Gosh, now I want some!

9. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    You can also go with the old time favorite. Egg salad sanwhiches with a little relish mixed in or your other favorite spices. maybe some minced green peppers?

10. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Quote:We have the same momma if you tell me she adds just a tiny dollop of yellow mustard to the mix! LOL

To fancy it up my grandma would decorate the top with green olive slices and a sprinkle of papperika. I have a tendency to it the same way.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by