Best Eating Eggs?

fethr37

In the Brooder
5 Years
Dec 3, 2014
western washington
Just curious what others thought about eggs flavor in relation to a duck breed. You hear people say for example Welsh Harliquins lay the best eating eggs. I'm a believer in that 100% of the good flavor is due to diet and not breed.

Last edited:
I don't taste a wide variety of duck eggs these days. My Runners lay the best eggs I have ever eaten, including those I recall from my Pekins years ago.

The Pekins ate laying mash and whatever else they could forage, my Runners eat layer pellets plus some greens, peas, worms and forage in season, cat kibble occasionally.

Just curious what others thought about eggs flavor in relation to a duck breed. You hear people say for example Welsh Harliquins lay the best eating eggs. I'm a believer in that 100% of the good flavor is due to diet and not breed.
i agree that it is the diet that makes them good not the breed :) I haven't noticed any difference between breeds, but i brought home some rescue ducks home, and there was totally a difference between my ducks eggs and the new ones for a little bit :)

I also think that duck eggs taste much better than chicken eggs :)

I also think that duck eggs taste much better than chicken eggs :)

Yes me also
wink.png
I think it's becuase of the higher fat content duck eggs have.. Also notice their flavor improves and their yolk turns a much darker orange when they forage on clover,dandylion and kale

Yes me also
wink.png
I think it's becuase of the higher fat content duck eggs have.. Also notice their flavor improves and their yolk turns a much darker orange when they forage on clover,dandylion and kale
yeah, probably...mine forage, and they LOVE kale...i give them it from my gardens :)

Back
Top Bottom