Best egg candler... opinions please!

Orangefish

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 5, 2010
Oklahoma
I have broke 2 good eggs now and I've had enough!! I need a good candler, I have dark Welsummer and Maran eggs. Anyone know which is better, or one to definately NOT get? Thanks!

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Fluffy Feather Farm
11 Years
Jan 26, 2010
Texas, Panhandle
Before I got an egg candler I just used what ever flashlight was in the house. I now have a Cool-Lite Tester..it works okay..but it's not the greatest.
smile.png

gumbii

Songster
9 Years
Oct 7, 2010
bell gardens, ca
i use my snap-on 18V LED light... i can see everything in light colored eggs, and i can see some what in dark eggs... i forgot how many lumens it is... but i know it cost 180 bucks... LOL... my friend uses his stinger LED... that's also a 200 dollar flash light... i was thinking about using my niterider trinewt off my bike... but the battery doesn't last as long as the snap-on light...

koakritters

Songster
8 Years
Jan 27, 2011
Petaluma
this is my first time candling, I'm using my desk lamp!!! lol. it's a 75 watt bulb and it's one that has a bendable neck thing so i can bend if to lie flat with the light facing up. I got a cardboard box that goes over it to block the light, and cut a hole in the top just big enough i can lie the egg on it without it falling through. it might not be the correct way to candle, but i can at least see something moving inside my dark brown eggs!!!
ya.gif

of course, this also told me that mine are a couple days behind where they should be due to the stupid thermometer breaking...
barnie.gif

Top Bottom