Best EGG day ever!!!!

sonew123

Poultry Snuggie
11 Years
Mar 16, 2009
onchiota NY
25181_cimg2717.jpg

25181_cimg2718.jpg

21 eggs!!!! the most I had ever gotten was 17!!! I have 36 girls so Ive been waiting patiently while the pullets mature. My 1 and only olive egger has been laying every day for a week!!! you can see the egg in the back-both my EE's are laying and my 17 week old polish layed her very first egg today-you can see it in the back standing up!!! little white oblongue egg-First I thanked God for such and awesome blessing then I did the happy butt dance in the barn/garage
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
What a way to brighten a day that is freezing out and expecting our first good snow fall!!!

Last edited:
thank you so much! I keep all the colored eggs and either put them in with the eggs I sell for hatching ( for freebie test hatching) or I blow them out and collect them to decorate for Xmas decorations!

Wow now thats alot of eggs!!!! i have 5 chickens and we got 4 eggs today, i am getting about 3 a day, so today getting 4 for me was a surprise!! good for you!!!!

(smile)

Quote:
I wish! no it was from a girl I went to 3 hours away to get-- I saw the eggs advertised on craigslist ( she was selling eating eggs) I drove 3 1/2 hours to help her with somw chicken stuff and she bought some of my silkies and I bought 2 pullets-one of which is 50% Amaracauna and 50% BCM-Im going to save up her eggs this spring and hatch as much as I can:)

Quote:
Tell me about it! I was told that is what she would lay but the other girl I got with her lays brown eggs:-( so when I went into my barn/garage last week and saw that I was beeming from one ear to the next! I was on an egg high all day-had to show everyone ( as if anyone else besides BYCers would be happy) no one really cared but my DH-as I was showing someone dont I drop the dang thing! I wanted to cry-butttt I found a bullseye!!! So it was fertile too. It just so happened to had fallen to where it was just a bad crack so I opened it all the way to check...

Quote:
good for you!! wait till you get 5 in one day--youll be jumping for joy!!! I only had 3 hens and 1 roo last year. I used to get so excited to find and egg or two for breakfast!!! now I get enough for massiver omelettes ( 45 birds will do that for you) I need help!

Back
Top Bottom