Best emergency ever!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Nikki28, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Nikki28

Nikki28 David Bowie is my co-pilot

Dec 15, 2008
    So we went in today for a coyote attack on a cat. I was expecting the usual and to have to put the cat down due to it's neck and chest being crushed. The cat had blood all over it but was standing in its carrier looking right at me. I thought that was odd and gently took the cat out expecting to see ripped skin and bite marks....nothing. Very weird so where is all the blood from?

I asked the owner if she was sure it was a coyote she said she was positive she saw the cat in its mouth. I checked the paws and noticed chunks of coyote fur and skin under some torn kitty nails and in the back of the cats mouth! The cat had one cut on it's foot but other than that is fine. [​IMG]

I can honestly say I have never seen a cat get the upper hand with a coyote! Of course the cat was acting like he was hot stuff . She was sent home with some mild pain meds just in case he gets a little sore from the tango later.

we gave him a cleaning and a antibiotic injection. Thankfully the cat has had it's rabies vax but we told the owner it really should be monitored anyway especially since the rabid fox incident here.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  2. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    LOL...He da MAN!

3. sunnydee

sunnydee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    I would say that is one of the cat's nine lives down for the count! He is one lucky kitty! Thank god he is okay.

4. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Yeah go pussy cat!!! I have a cat like that called Toby...who still thinks he can take on anything with fur!!!! So glad the cat came out the winner!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  5. Stumpy

Stumpy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    I'm so glad for the cat and its owners!

We have a coyote or coyotes who mark our driveway a few times per week.

6. Bammony

Bammony Red-dress-less

Aug 15, 2008
    Salina, Utah
    That's a tough cat. We used to have a Tom cat that would pick fights with dogs. It was really funny to watch. [​IMG]

7. BettyR

BettyR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    That's the best story I've read in days...way to go kitty!!!!

8. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    get em kitty..

9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Perhaps that coyote will think twice before going for a cat again.

We even see coyotes here in the middle of the city... I imagine they wouldn't come if they weren't successful in their hunts. They get brave and brazen anymore.

10. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Yeah for the kitty! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by