Best EVER quail feeder *UPDATE #46*

Discussion in 'Quail' started by LilRalphieRoosmama, Feb 7, 2009.

1. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    I was using those normal long, red feeders but got so disgusted with the waste. I was going through 50 lbs of feed a week and most of it ended up in the tray under the wire. I searched on e-bay and ordered one feeder. I love it so much that I just got 3 more! There is literally no wasted feed and instead of feeding twice a day, I only have to feed once. 50 lbs now lasts two weeks. The price is so reasonable and is well worth it to save money on feed. Here's some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not sure if you can see in the pics or not, but there's no spilled feed in the tray - just shavings and poop!

He doesn't have any for bid right now, but his e-bay name is jimsbirdhouse. If you would like his email address, please PM me. I can't say enough good things about these feeders!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  2. Just out of curiosity; How many quail have you got eating 50 pounds every two weeks? Must be a bunch right?

3. LilRalphieRoosmama

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    Yes - I've got 40+ jumbo coturnix plus a ton of buttons.

4. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    Can you post a link to his auction?
    [​IMG]

5. chicken_angler

chicken_angler Coop Constructist

Jun 23, 2008
    a house
    Heya Cindy. How much were each feeder? They have a very innovative design so they look like they would hold a lot of feed too!

Cody!!

6. LilRalphieRoosmama

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    I think I paid about $8 plus shipping. He doesn't have any up for auction now, and I can't figure out a way to post the auction that I won. If you go on ebay and look at his feedback, you can look at the items that way.

They do hold alot of feed and are a good size.

7. chicken_angler

chicken_angler Coop Constructist

Jun 23, 2008
    a house
    Wow thats a great deal! Sometimes its hard ti post the winning auction because they delete them.

Cody!!

8. LilRalphieRoosmama

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    Yep - that's why I wanted to let you know. You'll save a ton of money in feed in the long run - well worth the money.

9. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    Sent you a pm! Thanks a bunch!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by