best experiment ever!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by KrazyKZ08, Aug 19, 2011.

1. KrazyKZ08

KrazyKZ08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Brevard, FL
    ok, i ordered some diaper harnesses from indoor ducks, but because they are having some problems, and i'm not sure if they'll be back in business, and i had an order with them so i was really bummed [​IMG] so i figured "why not try to make one myself??" so i got my sewing stuff together, traced my duck lol, and did my best, and i think it came out pretty good for my first try!

[​IMG]

it's not nearly as nice as the kind Nettie makes, but it will have to do for now [​IMG]

it needs work, but i was excited that i could get that far!! yay now she can be indoors with me more! i just feel bad for her because she's still getting used to it...

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  2. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    Beautiful duck and nice work on the diaper too [​IMG]

3. 70%cocoa

70%cocoa Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Canberra, Australia
    Wonderful job!! [​IMG]

Now I am wondering where I can get neoprene to make the shoes. I had two pairs hung on the line to dry yesterday and it was really windy and one shoe from each pair blew away and I can't find them [​IMG][​IMG]

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:Great job. love the model too!

5. toadbriar

toadbriar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2010
    central massacheezits
    JoAnn Fabrics has Neoprene, on the big rolls near the home decorator fabrics and clear vinyl stuff [​IMG]

6. KrazyKZ08

Aug 2, 2011
    Brevard, FL
    thank you! my little girl's a supermodel! lol and not in a bad way. I would imagine you could find neoprene online. maybe you could check thrift stores for old wet suits too. and to make the shoes you could maybe try to get your duck to make footprints and trace them, or maybe be lucky enough to get them to sit still long enough to trace their actual feet on paper lol. i think the shoes will be my next project because not too soon after I found out the site was shut down, my boy stubbed one of his nails somehow [​IMG]

7. KrazyKZ08

Aug 2, 2011
    Brevard, FL
    70%cocoa :

Wonderful job!! [​IMG]

Now I am wondering where I can get neoprene to make the shoes. I had two pairs hung on the line to dry yesterday and it was really windy and one shoe from each pair blew away and I can't find them [​IMG][​IMG]

wow thats bad luck! maybe they couldnt have gotten too far, just keep looking! do the shoes have a right and left for each pair?​

8. LemonDoodles

LemonDoodles Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2011
    Huntsville, AL
    Awesome!!!

9. 70%cocoa

70%cocoa Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Canberra, Australia
    Looking for an old wetsuit is an excellent idea [​IMG] I'll look online too. I'm in Australia but I'll look in the Aussie equivalent to JoAnn Fabrics too - thanks!

They don't have a left and right pair but my two pairs were different sizes and I have only one of each now. I've searched high and low...will look again today. You are right, they can't have gone too far....

Let us know how you go with your shoes!! I'm sure you'll do a terrific job.

10. toadbriar

toadbriar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2010
    central massacheezits
    doh! sorry, didn't notice you were in Aus. I only found the neoprene myself a couple weeks ago. but finding it there, leads me to think it's one of those odd things that's readily available but you'd never think to look for [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by