Best feed for baby turkeys?

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by Sunny Side Up, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    My turkey hen just hatched out 11 lovely little poults. What is the best feed for them? Chick starter? Flock Raiser? Game Bird starter?

Please let me know what you use. I am going to the feed store tomorrow to get them a bag of something.

2. turkeyguy123

turkeyguy123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2013
    Game Bird starter

3. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    Thank you Turkey Guy! I see that Purina agrees with you, I just found this on their site.

Q: What should I feed my turkeys, ducks and geese?
    A: Ducks and geese should be fed Purina Mills[​IMG] Flock Raiser[​IMG] SunFresh [​IMG]Recipe from hatch on. It is perfectly okay to also feed Purina Mills[​IMG] Layena[​IMG] SunFresh[​IMG] Recipe after 18 weeks of age. Medicated Flock Raiser[​IMG] SunFresh[​IMG] Recipe is not FDA approved for use in ducks or geese.
    Turkeys can be fed Purina Mills[​IMG] Gamebird Startena[​IMG] or Purina Mills[​IMG] Show Chow[​IMG] Turkey Starter from hatch to 8 weeks of age. After 8 weeks, turkeys should be fed Purina Mills[​IMG] Flock Raiser[​IMG] SunFresh[​IMG] Recipe. The medicated option of Flock Raiser[​IMG] SunFresh[​IMG] Recipe can be fed to turkeys to provide protection against coccidiosis.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by