Best feed for Muscovy ducks?

Aug 19, 2017
Hey all!!! So my duck seems to be growing find and in perfect health, but I’ve always had a few question
1. What is the best feed for Muscovy ducks?
2. How much and how often should you feed your Muscovy duck?
3. What are recommended treats for Muscovy ducks?

Right now Vause is eating the DuMor Poultry 15% Grower/Finisher, and her treats are dried mealworms.

Thank you so much!

Savana and Vause

Feed should be unlimited. Flock raiser or a feed specifically developed for water fowl is best. You need to add a niacin supplement to chicken feed. Grower/Finisher is for meat birds and is too low in protein for your Muscovy. Muscovies are more omnivorous than mallard-derived breeds and need a lot more protein. Growing Muscovy ducklings need a feed of at least 20% protein. You can give your duckling just about anything that is safe for human consumption, but remember that treats should be no more than 10% of the total daily intake.

Feed should be unlimited. Flock raiser or a feed specifically developed for water fowl is best. You need to add a niacin supplement to chicken feed. Grower/Finisher is for meat birds and is too low in protein for your Muscovy. Muscovies are more omnivorous than mallard-derived breeds and need a lot more protein. Growing Muscovy ducklings need a feed of at least 20% protein. You can give your duckling just about anything that is safe for human consumption, but remember that treats should be no more than 10% of the total daily intake.
Oh my goodness thank you so much!

I definantly have to agree, my flock of 'scovies are on Gamebird feed, get scratch as treats, a bowl of oystershell, and mealworms and grass for treats. They have Two gravity fed ten pound feeders, and are allowed to eat as much as they want. (They have also been on straight up scratch during storms so i dont waste the good stuff)

I’ve been raising Muskovy ducks for a few years now. The only mistake I made was feeding them bread and so a few of them have a condition called angel wings and can’t fine now. They personally love birdseed and prefer it over flock raiser. They need a lot of water when they are eating the crumbles. They occasionally like tomatoes and grapes they don’t eat much Green stuff that I throw to them. They love water hyacinths but they don’t go in the water to eat them I have to pluck them out for them. I’m getting ready to incubate again and have not been successful yet. I did once hatch eggs successfully after the mama was killed and her eggs had been sad upon by her for at least four weeks so they hatch not long afterwards. I need help again with this if anybody has any ideas. I’m waiting for you guys and then I will put the eggs in the incubator

Back
Top Bottom