Best food for Call ducks?

Callducknut14

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jan 19, 2011
Seymour,Missouri
I'm trying to figure out what would be the best food for my Call ducks. I have been feeding them whole oats,( the kind used for horses).
We don't have any waterfowl feeds around here,so I have trying to find a good type of food for my ducks. Any ideas???

I feed Purina Duck Chow (grower) Every nite they get chopped up Romaine lettuce, 2 lrg tomatoes chopped up, and Thawed( frozen)peas and corn.. they luv their veggies. I also put vitamins/electrolytes in their water at least once a month and I buy crickets in the winter ... in the summer I buy minnows and throw in their water. I have 4 healthy calls ~ 1 yr old next month. ( I have thrown oats out like u feed, they dont care for them)..

Or just chicken layer pellets. All three of these are good choices ( although I want to be one of Hatties ducks...spoiled rotten
lau.gif
hugs.gif

I've mentioned this in another post but Flock Raiser causes my ducks to get really fat. No one around here carries feed specifically for ducks. Mine get gamebird breeder feed during breeding season and then whatever I happen to be feeding my chickens in the winter.

do u have a store that would order duck food for you... or even order it online somewhere !! I have 4 Calls and a 50# bag lasts for MONTHS, which could justify the freight costs !! jus sayin.
smile.png

I've called almost all the feed stores around us and they don't have any waterfowl type feeds. But I'll check to see if they can order some. What I'm looking for is a good feed that will keep thier feathers in good condition and not make them fat. I tried layer pellets before,might feed them that if I can't find anything else. Thanks

Quote:
I struggle with the feed thing as well - right now my ducks are laying so I'm giving them layer pellets, but I wonder if it's OK to continue with the layer food when they aren't laying and if it's OK for the drakes to eat the layer as well? I probably obsess over it all too much.
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom