1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

best foot soak for infection?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by dntd, Jun 7, 2010.

1. dntd

dntd Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2009
    I have killer allergies and my body blisters head to toe, this time my feet are real bad, a new crop of millions of tiny blisters are coming back befor the last one completely healed, I have cracks that are a bit oozy, and my feet hurt lots. The major issue is i can't seem to keep them 100% clean and I think i might be getting a infection, I go barefeet most of the time, with these blisters it kills to ware anything. What should I soak my feet in?

2. crazyhen

crazyhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    Use a warm soak of epson salts. It really helps. Gloria Jean

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I'd try epsom salt and betadine mixed together...
    And then let them dry VERY well..and then wrap them... so they stay cleaner..
    Good luck!

4. ChickenToes

ChickenToes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    NE Wisconsin
    Another vote for epsom salts!

5. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Yep, the epsom salts absolutely DO work!

6. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Quote:[​IMG]

7. dntd

dntd Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2009
    Thanks, I have never been in so much pain when walking, it makes me walk funny;) I hope I don't come down with some wierd infection, I found an old tube of fuciden from around december when a rat bit me , I put some on just in case as that it usually what ends up being prescribed, it if isn't better by weds I'll see a DR for sure.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  8. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I use Epsom salts in hot water and add some hydrogen peroxide. Works great.

9. crazyhen

crazyhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    If you have allergies the betadine might make it worse because of the iodine in it. No peroxide on any deep wound of any kind. Just plain epson salts and be sure they are very dry. use cotton socks. Try to wear shoes that do not make your feet sweat. Use a "free of perfumes etc for washing all clothes and double rinse them. If possible change socks often during the day. Allergies are so bad. I had a cousin that is allergic to sunlight. I would hate that. Air the feet often during the day. Rinse and dry, dry ,dry them in between toes etc. Gloria Jean

10. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Quote:The OP didn't say anything about deep wounds, and peroxide is totally fine when diluted in a tub of water for a foot soak.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by