best friend/baby shower blues

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by shadowpaints, Sep 14, 2010.

1. shadowpaints

shadowpaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    so many of you might remember that my best friend became unexpectadly pregnant. i had a hard time dealing with it, as my hubby and i have been trying to get pregnant again for a few years and its not happening
    i am ok with it now and have been supporting her the entire way... she is due november 25 th. i have spent a lot of money on her and the baby litteraly our spare room (nursery some day) is full of things for her and her soon to be son. i just found out that she is planning a baby shower, i was excited until i realized im not invited. period. my mom, my sisters my brother all invited. not me tho. i didnt recieve an invitation 2 weeks ago when everyone else got theirs. i had hoped it had gotten lost in the mail. but i guess im not getting one. my mom hinted around to J that i hadnt recieved mine.. all J said was 'oh, So?'

wow. some best friend huh? i guess i need to pick my friends better. i dont know. she hasnt hardly been around since 3 weeks ago. and now this. what did i do wrong? i have no idea. we have been best friends for a long time now. i have all this baby stuff that i had bought for her in her color and theme that she wanted. litterally over 300 bucks worth of things i found at yard sales all summer. plus all the outfits...

im not sure what to do now. she wont even answer the phone when i call. ignores my knock when i go over.

im so sad, and upset. been crying like crazy for a hour or so.

im devestated. and i dont know how to deal with this kind of thing. she told me 3 months ago she didnt want a baby shower so i didnt plan it... *sigh*

thanks for reading and letting me bawl on your shoulders.. [​IMG]

2. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    [​IMG]

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    WOw... thats so sad. [​IMG]
    Maybe she didnt think that you needed an invite cause you're her best friend? Maybe she just assumes that you're going?? [​IMG]
    I dont know...
    I'd ask her about it though....

4. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

I'm sorry, but your post says that SHE is planning her own shower?? I guess that tells us all we need to know about your "friend".

I'm so sorry. [​IMG]

5. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] For you.

[​IMG] For that selfish hateful... ahem who is too stupid to appreciate such a wonderful, generous friend.

Sounds to me like you're WAY better off without someone like that around. I can't believe that your family is being so nice to her/going to shower though... is she married into your family or something or is she just sucking up to her "best friend's" family to get better gifts?

6. shadowpaints

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    yes she is planning her own shower after 3 months ago she told me she didnt want one. [​IMG]

7. chickeypoo

chickeypoo The Enabler

Feb 4, 2007
    Wisconsin
    If i were you, id set up my own little rummage sale and sell everything that i had bought her.. or put it all on craigslist. you don't need a friend like that. that's very rude. it doesn't matter if she just *assumes* that you are coming.. you still deserve in invitation.. even if it is over the phone.

sell the stuff adn move on. you are so better without her in your life to bring you down. many hugs

8. shadowpaints

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    she isnt married into our family, but we have been friends forever. i already know my mom is refusing to go to the shower... im thinking of donating the stuff i bought to the womens shelter here... sigh im gonna miss her...

9. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    My first thought was that she just assumed you'd be coming even if your invitation was lost in the mail......then I read that she's not returning calls, etc. What the hades is wrong with her??? Hormones are one thing, being flat out rude is another.

You've been a great friend and she's going to realize later on how badly she screwed up. Your idea of donating the items to a women's shelter is wonderful. You will make such a HUGE difference in the lives of several babies and that's a truly wonderful gift. [​IMG]

10. greeneggsandham

greeneggsandham Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Putnam,CT
    Oh hun that is just awful. [​IMG] Some people just amaze me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by