Best friend moving away

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by percyj, Jan 31, 2011.

1. percyj

percyj Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    My best friend is moving away. This summer. I'm practically broken. I just got the news. I honestly don't know what I'll do without her. And we won't be able to keep in touch. I just ... I'm so bewildered. It's like my mind isn't accepting what just happened. I just though it couldn't hurt to post here.

2. sianara

sianara Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Central MA
    Sorry to hear you're losing your BF. Why won't you be able to keep in touch?

3. percyj

Jun 20, 2010
    Well it's always possible, but shes moved 4 times and never been able to keep in touch. But memories are sweet.

It's just so overwhelming.

4. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    No such thing as not being able to keep in touch. If she doesn't have internet write letters. It's not a total loss. You can keep in touch, just not like you may be used to. sorry she's mocing. When I was a kid it was always me that was moving..the other side is just as horrible, but what can ya do? [​IMG]

5. percyj

Jun 20, 2010
    Yeah, I've moved 3 times too, but it's going to be so hard...
    Any ideas on what I could do to make our time together more special?

6. sianara

sianara Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Central MA
    Quote:I agree! Back in the days before internet and text messaging people wrote letters [​IMG]. The snail mail post office is still working so that's always an option. I was an army brat and moved 7 times in 15 years so I remember the agony of being the friend moving or having a friend moving it was always one or the other.

7. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Quote:Well years ago my best friend and I buried a "time capsule" that had all the things we treasured the most at the time in it. When we graduated we went and dug it up and had some REALLY good laughs about what we had put in there. It was silly, but fun. [​IMG] Maybe you two could exchange personal items that mean a lot to you, like you give your favorite bracelet or whatever and she can give her favorite item to you. Then KEEP IN TOUCH! [​IMG]

8. Kelly G

Kelly G It's like herding cats!

I'm sorry your friend is moving away....that's really hard!!!

It was the other way around for me....I was the kid who was always moving (about every two years). It was so hard - I felt like all my friends' lives were going to continue on without me, while I was all alone to try and make new friends. Again.

Anyway, how about having a portrait takend together....pictures last forever.

The internet makes staying in touch much easier...I'm still friends with my best friend from kindergarten & 1st grade (and now we use F.B. to keep in touch)

Here we are....coincidentally, this is also the same year I found comedy - that's me with the goofy face (you can see how happy my teacher is!), and my best friend is the blond hair hair two people away from me.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  9. percyj

Jun 20, 2010
    Goofy face? You all look adorable!!! I was thinking that I could take tons of pics with her- but what should I do with them ? I fail at SCRAPBOOKING. Sorry caps lock.

10. Kelly G

Kelly G It's like herding cats!

You can do what we all USE to do with pictues! Put them in a box and look at them from time to time [​IMG]

Or you can use something like www.shutterfly.com and make a book or poster....LOTS of different things!!

Sooooooooo many things to spend money on!!!!!!!!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by