best friends and the little wanna-be roo

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by old geezer, Oct 27, 2011.

1. old geezer

old geezer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    cambridge , ny
    suzy my speckled sussex and lucy my little red sex link are best bud,s , they were my first 2 hens and are inseperatable...[​IMG]...well , finally today my little roo , button , who hasn't even crowed yet ,starts feeling his oats and decides to get frisky with suzy..[​IMG]..and suzy wasn't in no moode for that--comes the blare of the trumpet and the calvary charges---here comes lucy, full tilt to save suzy ,and tears into button like a demon possessed...[​IMG],,,she put an arse whupping on button he soon won't forget---for a good few minutes lucy and suzy chased him arround until he finally retreated to the jungle gym to sulk ,lick his wounds , and salvage what ever pride a small roo can muster----chicken TV----gotta love it......[​IMG].

2. chickchicks

chickchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2011
    warrington uk
    [​IMG]
    love it !

3. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    When I got my rooster, I already had an established flock of hens. He got the crud beat out of him constantly. He finally managed to climb the pecking order 1 hen at a time, starting with the lowest ranking hen.

When I asked about him getting beat up, I was told by another member that it was the hens teaching him humility. [​IMG]

4. Nicki

Nicki Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2007
    Georgia
    [​IMG]
    Poor little guy! LOL

5. stubbornhill

stubbornhill Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Shapleigh, Maine
    With behavior like that, soon you will see him sitting in his favorite Lazy-Boy with his feet up, taking a drink of his favorite beverage and watching tv all day. He's not the first roo that's happend to! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by