best friends baby in surgery right now

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by shadowpaints, Dec 11, 2010.

1. shadowpaints

shadowpaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    my friends baby has developed pyloric stenosis, and they have him in surgery right now. he is only 5 weeks old . please keep them in your thoughts and prayers!! i cant be there as they dont allow kids in the pediatric part of the hospital [​IMG] and i dont have a sitter . ill update when i can!

2. luvchicks8

luvchicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Prayers sent

3. chicknduck

chicknduck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2010
    Ohio
    Praying that the little guy is alright

4. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    My son went through this, too. Surgery is fairly easy and he should come out of it with flying colors and be out of the hospital tomorrow.

Prayers for your friends baby! [​IMG]

5. zippitydooda

zippitydooda Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Ottawa, Ohio
    any news?[​IMG]

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Poor little guy... [​IMG]
    What causes that?

7. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    prayers said. and sending love and hugs their way

8. Ema

Ema Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    N. Ontario CANADA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] lots of hugs and prayers sent to the baby and your friends....

9. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    Quote:Don't really know. The doctors said it is a common problem and occurs in first born males only (no idea why). The muscles around the tube coming out of the stomach constrict the tube and causes projectile vomiting and no weight gain. Mimics failure to thrive. Is found by ultra sound.

My son was finally diagnosed at 2 and a half months old when he still weighed the same as when he was born. He case was bad because it had taken so long to figure it out. He was in the hospital for 4 days before he was well enough to have surgery and was discharged less than 24 hours after surgery. It is heartbreaking to see your child laying there, at 2 months crying because he is hungry, but no being able to feed him because it would just come back up and has an NG tube down his nose. After his surgery, he gained 5 pounds in less than a month and hasn't stopped since! He did have to have a hernia surgery when he was 2 from a hernia that developed when he was sick as a baby. He is a perfectly happy and healthy 10 year old now, just has 2 "battle" scars!

10. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Prayers said for this little guy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by