Best friends on the roost

gumpsgirl

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Mar 25, 2008
Virginia
I absolutely love going in to look at my chickens when they all go to roost at night! I love seeing who's cuddled up next to who and so forth. When I went out last night, this is what I saw.
smile.png

7910_dsc04536.jpg

Sweet girls!
love.gif

love that! I see you have orps! I love ours but what is BBS? And i'm glad to see yours roost facing the wall too. Wonder if that's normal or just the breed?
Love your pic!

What a great pic Gumps! At first I thought, hey, what breed is that gray & red one on the left, then I realized the gray one had her wing over the back of the red one. How adorable is that!

ksct - B/B/S is Blue, Black, Splash.
wink.png
They are listed that way because you can get any combination of those three when hatching them, unless you have a splash roo (which is my case) that you put over blue and splash hens only. You will not get black in this case.

I don't know if facing the wall when roosting is breed specific or not! My other chickens that are not Orps. do it to, so I wouldn't think so.
smile.png

Quote:
Thank you!

When I first walked into the coop, this pullet had both of her wings around the hens on either side of her. By the time I ran to the house and got the camera, she had taken her wing off the hen on the left. It just looked like she was hugging both of them!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom