1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Best guess at breeding

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by skiffgirl, Feb 2, 2013.

1. skiffgirl

skiffgirl Out Of The Brooder

Feb 2, 2013
    This is by far my favorite chicken in my flock. I bought the whole flock as 8 week olds and they were just a barnyard mix. I know I have 1 Easter egger and a polish but other than that they are a mystery. I would really love to have a whole flock of these girls though.

She is large, I would guess she is between 8-9 pounds, very friendly and not pushy to the other girls. Also for what it's worth she is also the one that I had to fetch out of the tree all summer in the evening when they were free ranging. Anyone have an idea of what she could be?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. my sunwolf

my sunwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Buff Wyandotte or Orpington roo crossed with a barred hen, probably a Rock or a Dominique. She's a sex link!

3. my sunwolf

my sunwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Ooh, or a Gold Laced Wyandotte cross. She's very pretty.

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    The body type and rose comb make me think wyandotte. I don't see any straight comb breed influence, could be mixed with something pea combed but the most common ones are easter eggers and brahmas, I don't really see either on of those breeds in her. She's very pretty colored and nicely built, I can see why you'd want more like her!

5. skiffgirl

skiffgirl Out Of The Brooder

Feb 2, 2013
    Thanks everyone, well at least I have an idea of the pure breeds to start with to hopefully get close to her breeding.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by