Best Hatch Yet

longranger

Songster
10 Years
Apr 23, 2009
laguna hills CA
Got 18 green-blue eggs from emrldgrn1 3 weeks ago. All were fertile and started to develop. One stopped and the rest made it to hatch day today which was day 20. Two never pipped. The rest are drying in the Bator and will be brooder bound shortly. Araucana roo x ameraucana hen cross so quite a few rumpless ones. Heres some pics.

29050_img_0913.jpg

29050_img_0917.jpg

29050_img_0920.jpg

I am too inexperienced to have secrets. Just was fortunate to get very good eggs and have a binsea 20 advance to incubate them in. Did not mention that these came clear across the country. IMHO if most eggs were as good as this batch most of us would have excellent hatch rates whenever eggs were not xrayed or otherwise brutalized by shippers.

This was the furthest ive ever shipped my eggs and still a great hatch! Im so excited for you and the chicks are just beautiful! What a great mix of colors. Im very excited for you. Thanks so much for the nice words and such a great job hatching!
big_smile.png

Wow! That is a fantastic looking batch of babies. They look so big and healthy and "thick" in a good sense that is... congrats longranger, any pics of the eggs they hatched from? I like it that they are all different color. Variety is the spice of life!

Onthespot the eggs were routine Light to medium blue and green. I threw them away during the hatch. Those guys were coming out like popcorn and the Brinsea 20 with it's many virtues is not spaceous. Had to make room. On the plus side the small size of the brinsea allows you to go in without worrying about temperature and humidity. It returns to the desired numbers very quickly.

Back
Top Bottom