best hatchery for Blue laced Red Wyandottes?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Countrypunk92, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Countrypunk92

Countrypunk92 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    Portland, tennessee
    Looking for a hatchery that sells a good blrw color.

2. mrheinz77

mrheinz77 New Beginnings Poultry

May 22, 2011
    SE Wisconsin
    I would go straight to a breeder such as Foley's (I think his BYC name is Turbo). There are a few others as well. Katy (who isn't on BYC anymore), and I can't think of the others right now. Check out the BLRW thread. There are some on there that sell chicks.
    Jim

3. gingernutranger

gingernutranger Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2007
    Those are indeed nice. The only problem is that they sell St. Run and some people cant have roosters.

4. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    I love posting pics of my hatchery BLRW...they are pretty (in my biased oppinion), appealing, chunky looking birds, and they have rich color too. My pics are a little old now, and both of my big girls have filled out quite a bit, and the blue's coloring is prettier now than it was in these pictures. The splash has deep almost mahogany red feathers with white lacing, and the blue has good deep blue coloring, though her red is more coppery. They came from MPC, which, I have been told since finding BYC is indeed Meyer's hatchery? Anyway, I am pleased with my girls, and MPC/Meyers will sell as few as three sexed birds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by