Best hatchery for small order of turkeys?

Viking84

Chirping
Mar 18, 2019
I am interested in ordering turkey poults, but am having trouble finding anything that is not outrageously priced. I am looking to order a mix of heritage and or broad breasted of about 5 birds. Every place I look either has a 10-20 bird minimum order, or shipping cost of $40-$50. Any advice to get a small order of about 5 birds without having to mortgage the house?

I am interested in ordering turkey poults, but am having trouble finding anything that is not outrageously priced. I am looking to order a mix of heritage and or broad breasted of about 5 birds. Every place I look either has a 10-20 bird minimum order, or shipping cost of $40-$50. Any advice to get a small order of about 5 birds without having to mortgage the house?
The best thing to do is to find your poults locally or get others to go in with you on an order so you can order the minimum. When I need to bring in new poults from a hatchery, I order the minimum and post the ones that I don't need for sale as soon as they arrive. I have not had any trouble selling the extras.

The best thing to do is to find your poults locally or get others to go in with you on an order so you can order the minimum. When I need to bring in new poults from a hatchery, I order the minimum and post the ones that I don't need for sale as soon as they arrive. I have not had any trouble selling the extras.
I hadn't thought of this. I only want 3 or 4 more.
I've sold extra birds in the past, don't know why this didn't occur to me. duh

Back
Top Bottom