Best Hatchery

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by bayyjayy, Jul 5, 2011.

1. bayyjayy

bayyjayy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    Utah
    So, which hatchery is the best? Has anyone had any problems with any of the hatcheries I have found online? Feel free to PM or email me if we aren't allowed to say names on this forum.

Thanks!

2. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    I have ordered through e-fowl and Cackle. Very good results for both.

3. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    Metzer Farms here - one order last summer and the ducks are great and their customer service is great.

4. Eroc1_1

Eroc1_1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2011
    I, personally, would say either Metzer or Holderread.

5. QuackerJackFarms

QuackerJackFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2011
    Missouri
    I've ordered through Cackle a few times and never had a problem. There used to be a little hatchery called Marti's Poultry Farm that we always ordered from... I wonder if they're still around. (googling now.) [​IMG]

6. mandelyn

mandelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    I always hear good things about Metzer, and I had great success with Holderreads. Holderreads let's you choose the bird quality, which I think is cool. You can select babies from out of their show stock, or for half the price babies perfectly suited for putzing around the back yard. If you really want nice birds, you can also buy started birds that have been graded for quality if you want to show them. They're like a private breeder but have the numbers to call themselves a hatchery. I like supporting them and their concept.

7. duckopedia

duckopedia Out Of The Brooder

Jul 8, 2011
    I got my ducks from Murray McMurray Hatchery and their great ducks this is what i recomend:cool:

8. pekinduck<3er

pekinduck<3er Chillin' With My Peeps

metzers is really great and pure poultry hatchery is good thats wat people say.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by