Best House for three chickens

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by 4wheeldrive, May 7, 2011.

1. 4wheeldrive

4wheeldrive New Egg

Apr 28, 2011
    I live in a town that is not chicken-friendly and am trying to set up a house for my three chickens that doesn't shout: chickens live here! I thought of keeping my chickens in a small coop in the garage or getting more of a shed style house for them outside. I am not very handy and saw a Rubbermaid shed which is reasonably priced for a shed. I could probably take the window vents out for ventilation. Has anyone tried keeping chickens in the garage, used a Rubbermaid shed or tried another house for few chickens? I will have to put plants in front of the run to hide them and hope for the best. When I think about flies and proper ventilation I am a little concerned that the house will not serve their needs and I don't want to be overrun by flies. Thank you!

2. monica.stromberg

monica.stromberg Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2011
    Some members have made nice little coops using plastic playhouses! Look on Craig's List to see if there are any available in your area. That would be a good camoflage! Maybe your neighbors will change their minds if you supply them with free fresh eggs-
    [​IMG] Paradise Chickens

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by