Best Husband. Ever.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by SkyWarrior, Jun 28, 2010.

1. SkyWarrior

SkyWarrior Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Wilds of Montana
    I lost a turkey today. [​IMG] I went to the barn this morning and one of my two turkey chicks was dying. So, I took it out and had to put it down. It was hard to do.

I told my husband. He told me to go get the Buff Orpingtons I was considering. "Get two to four," he says. "Because we're going to put the roosters in freezer camp."

I love this man. [​IMG]

2. Yardbirds286

Yardbirds286 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    Western Mass
    Cool. BO's are the sweetest birds on the planet. [​IMG]

3. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    It is always nice to hear when some one appreciates their spouse [​IMG] Lucky you!

4. cabot

cabot Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a great DH as well! He spent countless hours building my beautiful coop and I he always lets me know that he went to the garden to look for grubs just for the girls. Today I caught him sharing his lunch with them....

Enjoy your new chicks!

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Sorry on the loss of your turkey and congrats on the new chooks.
    I guess I should say that I have a great DH too. He's not the one freaking out over the chicks taking over our screened porch.

6. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    AMEN... My DH is awesome too. Our coop keep changing and we're having so much fun .I draw up the plans and he is the muscle... I even get to use the power tools. Every one who has a awesome and helpful spouse raise your hand [​IMG]

7. SkyWarrior

SkyWarrior Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Wilds of Montana
    Quote:Thanks. I was really bummed. But the poor thing was in horrible shape and the other turkey was pecking at it. It was a runt of a bird; I suspect I got an unhealthy one from the feed store because of all its woes. At any time, I was treating it for sneezing, sniffling, eye problems, not growing, etc. The little guy was less than half the size of the other turkey. [​IMG] I felt so bad for it when I took it out of the big pen and it just laid there on the barn floor. [​IMG] Putting it down was tough.

But I am glad I'll get some more chooks. The Buff Orpingtons look really cool and I'll probably get four. [​IMG] I told my husband about your new acquisitions and he said "It's like Christmas!" [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Jaguaress

Jaguaress Chicken Addict Wanna-be

May 27, 2010
    Piedmont, NC
    I'm sorry about your turkey. [​IMG]

All of y'all with the good husbands need to teach me how to find one eventually. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. suzettex5

suzettex5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    California
    *sniff* *sniff* Hmmmm, do I smell a "Why MY hubby is the best" contest brewing? [​IMG] That would be cool!

Skywarrior- Sooo sorry about your turkey, lost 2 myself. They can be endearing, cant they? Mine had total free run of our property during the day, and they pooped everywhere, but dang it, I loved those bumpy faces! [​IMG] for your loss, and [​IMG] for your hubby being so awesome!!!!

10. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    Ohhh I'm sorry [​IMG] I meant to give you my condolences in regards to you little turkey [​IMG] I just got carried away about all the great spouses. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by