Best Hygrometer and or thermometer for incubators!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by joyous, Dec 27, 2010.

1. joyous

joyous Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2009
    Davenport, Iowa
    Please list your favorites and why! I will start with the brinsea spot check thermometer, love it![​IMG], Easy to use and extremely accurate! I am still searching for the best hygrometer![​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

[​IMG] I use a simple meat thermometer thru the top of my LG and no longer monitor humidity - just continue to do what worked for me in the past. [​IMG]

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I, too, love the Brinsea SpotCheck thermometer. I use the Flukers hygrometers, little round things I bought in the reptile dept. Of PetSmart, as a GUIDE, but not to totally freak me out. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  4. enggass

enggass Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    Mid-Coast Maine
  5. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    made in japan i think. i gave 9.00 for mine. ebay. worked good for several hatches, then when i needed it most, it went haywire so junk in my opinion.

6. joyous

joyous Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2009
    Davenport, Iowa
    Thanks for the info! I was thinking about buying that one!

7. scooldog

scooldog Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2008
    MICHIGAN
    Yep I bought that one too and it NEVER kept an accurate temp...it was way off! I never sent it back...I hate sending stuff back ... [​IMG]
    This thread is old but wondered if I post this if anyone will reply with what is the cheapest and best thermometer or thermometer/hygrometer they have found?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by