Best incubator for beginner

duckduck

In the Brooder
11 Years
Sep 12, 2008
Trussville, AL
Hello all, I am relatively new here but have been reading a lot. I am sure I will get lots of opinions and preferences here but what do you guys think is the best incubator for a beginner? I want to hatch bantam silkies and definitely no more than 12 probably more like 6 to begin with. I would like to know about incubators that are affordable, easy to use and beginner friendly. All this talk of humidity and fans and auto turners has my head spinning! lol I have been reading a lot but just can't decide on what I really need. Thanks in advance!

People rave about the Hovabator on here, but I also am a beginner and will be watching this thread!

I bought and successfully used a Little Giant still air last summer. I turned the eggs by hand and the only extra I bought was a 20 buck Flukers digital thermometer/hygrometer.

I don't care to spend any more so I am getting ready to use it again Monday.
smile.png

Quote:
ooooh, yeah. I got the egg turner too. (Geez, I forgot!) and I ordered straight from GQF too. Wonderful products. Worth every penny.

The real plus for me was all you do is add the water and plug it in. Period. With my LG, my nieces would come in and turn the knob and I was constantly readjusting the temp!
sad.png

Quote:
ooooh, yeah. I got the egg turner too. (Geez, I forgot!) and I ordered straight from GQF too. Wonderful products. Worth every penny.

The real plus for me was all you do is add the water and plug it in. Period. With my LG, my nieces would come in and turn the knob and I was constantly readjusting the temp!
sad.png

Exactly! DW and I are gone a lot in the summers when I'm working so it's very nice to have something where you just plug it in and add water and eggs. We tried using an incubator without the turner and it was a constant struggle to remember if they had been turned, how many times, etc.

Back
Top Bottom