Best incubator for me...and the winner is...

Nikki28

David Bowie is my co-pilot
11 Years
Dec 15, 2008
I have never hatched eggs before so this is all pretty new to me. For some reason the search feature is taking forever to load so I figured I would just post a new topic.
smile.png

I would like to buy an incubator for hatching chickens, quail, duck and turkeys (not at the same time of course
wink.png
)

We would like to hatch somewhere in the range of 15 - 25 chickens at a time.
Of course I would like a great quality incubator too with a turner and dependable and so forth. So for all of you top quality hatchers out there what would you recommend?

Thanks! - Nikki

Last edited:
If you don't mind price, Lyon's Turn-X is a great incubator. I've had every egg hatch in mine! The turner is nice, it's forced air and with the TX-7 model, you can get VERY precise temperature control. I love mine!

That's the one! I've only done chickens so far. I have a feeling it would work brilliantly for other types of eggs as well.

Thank you so much it sounds like this will be perfect for us!

You might have trouble choosing! I think the Turn-X is the best incubator ever but some of those Brinsea ones are nice too! Whichever you end up choosing, I hope you'll like it.

I have 2 Hovabator 1588s (the Genisis). Its a preset model. Forced air, with turner. I put 30 viable eggs in 19 days ago and 30 eggs are in lockdown right now. I just hatched 2 weeks ago and put in 18 and had 17 hatch.... I cant say good enough things about it! Holds humidity like a charm and temps (that of course varies on your location too) I bought mine off of Cutler Supply, lowest price (around 175 shipped) I could find and AWESOME customer service. Hope this helps a bit!! Good luck.. oh btw this is only my second hatch ever, I think this bator is foul proof lol.

Edit to add: Heres the website, just in case! http://www.cutlersupply.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_24_28&products_id=213

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom