Best incubator for newbie???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by awesomefowl, Jul 4, 2010.

1. awesomefowl

awesomefowl Argues with Goats

I want an incubator for my birthday; which model is the best one to get that holds up to 20 or can hold less eggs? (duck, chicken, etc.) I want to hatch some duck eggs first. Automatic turning would be nice, but I really would like turning them and don't mind. I do not want one I have to fiddle with, it should be easy for a complete newbie to use. :)
    Any recommendations here? Thank you! [​IMG]

2. taraann81

taraann81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    I like my hovabator genesis. Holds 42 eggs. Its basically plug in add eggs and water and let it work!

3. incubatingisfun

incubatingisfun Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2009
    Alaska
    i like the brinsea mini advance.and if you need too hold more than 7 eggs the mini eco also looks good

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Quote:Can you tell me (errrr, us, me and the OP and other incubation newbies) your experiences with the Brinsea Mini Advance? I purchased that incubator and have yet to use it. I keep reading all the anxiety and disappointment in these incubation/hatching threads and it makes me thing I DON'T want to do something with so much built-in failure. That's why I got the incubator I did, hoping it was pretty much idiot proof. (No offense to anyone - *I* am the idiot.)

How successful have you been with it??

5. incubatingisfun

Dec 15, 2009
    Alaska
    its great rock steady temp.super super easy to operate.i have not had any less than a 60% and just had a 100% hatch with it.the only complaint i have about is cleaning the top is hard,but way more ups than downs

6. crysmom

crysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2007
    I would suggest the brinsea eco I have one and had a 12/14 hatch the thermometer it came with was spot on and the incubator held a solid temeprature really great hatch

7. incubatingisfun

Dec 15, 2009
    Alaska
    yeah brinsea is great

8. sonjab314

sonjab314 Constant State of Confusion

May 15, 2010
    Missouri
    My Hovabator 1588 is awesome. It holds the temps steady and does not falter. I incubate in it and hatch in a Little Giant.

9. joe17

joe17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2009
    Louisiana
    I like the brinsea eco. I think it is still on sale.

10. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    Hovabator genesis 1588 with turner...no brainer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by