1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

best incubator? please help

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ppimf, Nov 30, 2012.

1. ppimf

ppimf Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2012
    ellis kansas
    i'm new to incubating and looking for a good one. there are some from Farm Innovators that have fans and turners pro series with the hard plastic outer side, and then the 1588 Genisis, then the hovabator , what one would u choose , and is there one i souldn't buy, thanks for all who can help. i got 5 pairs i'll be incubating there eggs all together so i need one large enough to do 40 or so eggs

2. TaylorHobbyFarms

TaylorHobbyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    We started out with the Genesis and absolutely loved it. No matter which one you decide on, I would definitely recommend one that uses circulated air as the temperature stays more steady throughout.

1 person likes this.
  3. Roxannemc

Roxannemc Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2012
    SE Missouri
    I bought a regular hovabator and then a genesis .LOVE the GENESIS
    Automatically holds the temp at or very very near 99.5 and has a nice large window
    Highly reccomnend .

4. ppimf

ppimf Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2012
    ellis kansas
    so the extra 50 is worth it for the 1588? what does it do that the others can't ?

5. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    duplicate! sorry this keeps happening tonight????

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  6. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    duplicate?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  7. mtnviewfarms

mtnviewfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

I love the Hova Bator 1588. It has the extra large viewing window on top. Also has a digital constant readout on top that automatically controls the
    temperature and also lets you know the humidity inside the unit. I got the one with the egg turner. It worked wonderfully for us several times last
    Spring when we used it. Highly recommend it.

8. chicken pickin

chicken pickin Overrun With Chickens

Mar 3, 2012
    I havent used it yet but I just got the Genesis Hova-Bator 1588 with Turner. I have had it plugged in for 2 days and the heat has been steady at 99.6 degrees and the humidity staying between 44-46%. I set my eggs tomorrow and am confident in my choice of incubator. I have heard nothing but good reveiws. I now just hope the eggs are good and fertile.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by