.:: Best Incubator Thread::.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Nightfeather, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Nightfeather

Nightfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2012
    Clinton, Utah
    I was wondering what was the best incubator to use. Right now I have one it's an litile Giant Still Air incubator 9200, and i am hatching 20 eggs and 17 show sighns of life. The reason I am looking for a new incubator is because mine does not hold the temp steady. If you could all tell me what incubator you use and what was your hatch rate, and how you felt about the incubator for me and others to see.

I made this Thread for people to talk about there incubator to help people understand what incubator is best for them. If you would please share your thoughts with everyone it would be very helpfull.

[​IMG]N i g h t f e a t h e r

2. SierraView

SierraView Chillin' With My Peeps

Best in what price range? I like the Hovabator 1588 because I can fit a lot of eggs, its preset temp so just plug it in and,3 it has a digital temp/humidity display. Just plug it in, add eggs.

3. ronniewayne

ronniewayne Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2011
    QUEEN CITY,CASS COUNTY
    I bought a used gqf sportsman..have never filled it up but i love the stable temps and humidity..the glass door..i have auto water..and of course it has a turner...for $300 or so you can pick these up and they do a great job..if you dont need that many maybe you can hatch for others ...i have 70 rir eggs in right now for a neighbor and we will split them..i will sell mine to help defer the cost of the bator.my hatch rates started at 70% and have went up as i learned to lower humidity a bit for the 1st 18 days.. happy hatching..but beware it is addicting and chicken math will really make you sharpen your pencil..

4. sarbee42

sarbee42 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2012
    Morrisburg, Ontario
    I agree with you! I love my little hovabator. I have the turners so can fit 42 chicken/duck eggs or with the quail up to 120. Of course without the turners you could fit much, much more.. [​IMG] lol

5. Nightfeather

Nightfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2012
    Clinton, Utah
    That one sounds cool [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by