Best Incubator You've Ever Used!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by quintinp, Jan 16, 2011.

1. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    i wanna know the best incubator you've ever had i wanna see pictures, and i wanna see homemade incubators too all that you wanna show me pleeeeeaaase

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Only have experience with a couple, but the best bator I've used is the GQF/Hovabator 1588. Never need to fiddle with the temps, rarely need to change the water levels, has built-in fan, never had a bad hatch rate with the incubator to blame, easy to clean, etc.

Best part is that for an Incubator that reliably hatches over 40 eggs, it's pretty cheap. [​IMG]

Here's a bit of the incubator with a lovely Wheaten Marans hatching inside.

[​IMG]

3. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    c'mon people i may be a newbie at this website, but really i don't like being the person in the background without a thing to say i wanna know people please!!!!!!!!!, sorry, am i little pushy:jumpy:jumpy:duc:duc:confused::confused:

4. There a chick...

There a chick... Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    West Michigan
    Love my Brinsea Mini! [​IMG] Plug in, fill the water and put in some eggs!

5. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:Easy there, tantrums and pushiness don't help! You still have your R-Com? That's one of the best around when used properly. (i.e. following directions)

One of the very best ways to find more info on BYC is to check out the FAQs, on the Index page and in the Learning Center, at the top center of almost every page. Read all those links, most have lots of info are are often entertaining.

BTW, on the smilies? There needs to be a space between each one for them to show up. And if you over use them, I go right on to another thread. (Can't speak for everyone there)

I have the average, styrofoam Hova-bator Genesis 1588 and am very pleased with it. But I'd rather have an R-Com! [​IMG]

6. hencrazy

hencrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Patience is a virtue:)

The only incubator experience I've had is with a cheap Styrofoam wafer heater piece of garbage. I've gone back and forth with Brinsea and genesis. I think I've finally decided on the genesis simply because it holds more and it's cheaper. I may change my mind tomorrow though.

7. Serama Mama 4

Serama Mama 4 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 27, 2010
    ????? i have only used the little giant. btw IT IS TOTAL CRAP i just got 2 brinseas though. im setting eggs wednsday! (2 lemon blue standard cochins and 16 seramas)

8. Silverduck

Silverduck Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2007
    Walker County, Alabama
    I have had good hatches with my Genesis 1588, I did buy a digital themomitor that shows the humidity.

9. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

I have a Sportsman 1502. Love it!

10. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Quote:Yes the LG's are crap, I've have nothing but bad hatches in them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by