Best Incubator???

RooptyDoo

Songster
11 Years
Oct 9, 2008
Illinois
I am thinking about selling my 2 LG bators so I can get a more reliable one. One that doesnt spike to 106 degrees. What is a good incubator that is under $200.

For under $200, I hear the HovaBator Genesis is the one to get. I got frustrated with incubators that I had to fiddle with and got an R-Com. They'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands.
tongue2.gif

I just got the 1588 w/autoturner, and I have to recommend this one. It was $175 or so shipped to my door. Ordered it from Cutlersupply.com on Tuesday, and it's already here with eggs in it. VERY easy to use, was up to temp and stable VERY quickly. You may want to hold onto an LG as a hatcher though, that's what I plan on using my LG for.

By far the best and way under $200. Matter a fact you could probably get 10 for $200 or so. A SILKIE HEN. You never have to worry about themps or humidity either.

Quote:
lol.png
I am getting silkie eggs next month, in part for this very purpose. I keep saying I'm going to be incubating my next incubators.

I have a little hova bator 1602N with a fan that I am using right now (day 7), it's been doing a fabulous job of keeping consistent temperature and humidity. I paid around $45 new on ebay, then picked up a used pc fan and adapter for a couple of dollars.

Quote:
The only "best" bator in $200 range is Brinsea (Probably used for this money).

I would never pay $170 for styrofoam bator. I would rather buy Brower 120H tophatch.

But that's just me, your money your choice.

The only incubator I would ever buy is the Lyon incubators, either TX's or Roll-X's. You would have to buy used for less than $200, but it can be done. I bought all of mine for less than $200 each on Ebay.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom