Best incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by poultryfan73, Jul 11, 2010.

1. poultryfan73

poultryfan73 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2010
    Tioga County Pa
    Im looking to get a more modern incubator. Im looking for a well priced one and that holds at least 50 eggs. Also i would like one that tells me the humidty and temperature and has automatic turning. If anyone could give me the name of one that sounds like the kind im looking for would be great! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Lotsapaints

Lotsapaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    Paso Robles, CA
    That kind of incubator is serious money how much did you want to spend? I love my Turn-X but it only does 18 (thank goodness [​IMG] ) but it gets me 90%-100% Brinsea and King Suro make them and there is the cabinet style for people who are really into hatching lots of eggs I bought mine used for 100 bucks off EBAY so you can find good deals it depends on many factors for that "perfect" incubator

3. poultryfan73

poultryfan73 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2010
    Tioga County Pa
    Well im not looking to spend $300+

4. imsomarinky

imsomarinky Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2010
    San Diego
  5. muddstopper

muddstopper Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    Murphy NC
    I dont think you will find what you are looking for for under $300. The Brinsea Octagon Advance EX is just over $400, http://www.brinsea.com/products/octagon20A.html#ex. It will hold 20 large eggs and about 28 small or medium size eggs. To find a cabinet style incubator with similar features, you will be in the $1000 up price ranges. I think Brinsea's RollX is close to $4grand.

If you can find a good used cabinet incubator, you can upgrade by contacting Cbiblis and purchaseing one of his incubator controllers. It controls automatic turners, has a electronic thermostat, and a humistat for operating a fogger for humidity control. The fogger you would purchase seperately. (most pet stores carry them). You would still have to rely on a digital thermometer/hygrometer to see what the actual temp and humidity is, but once you set the controller, it stays rock solid.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by