Best Incubator?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by wbruder17, Mar 11, 2012.

1. wbruder17

wbruder17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    I'm looking on Ebay for an incubator and I realize I have no idea what I should be looking for.
    I've been hatching eggs using a broody hen for a few years now, and I'm just tired of waiting for a broody hen.
    I am not a large business, I just want it to hatch a dozen or so at a time. Can someone please tell me a good incubator that is not going to ge super expensive? And if you tell me a brand, do you know how much they usually sell for, so I know if I'm spending too much? Thanks SO much. I know you guys will be able to give me good advice.

2. chkinut

chkinut Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2010
    Leesburg, Ohio
    my 1588 Hovabator with egg turner has been awesome for me. i bought it about a year or so ago, i know the newer models are better cuz i think they have a built in hygrometer and thermometer? not totally sure, but i'm pretty sure they do. mine cost about 90 bucks at the time. i also had an even older model. i've been hatching with the hovabators for 3 years in a row and they've done me well.

3. cva34

cva34 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Van Vleck ,TX
    1588 Genesis is great ,only bad I see is it Styrofoam (great insulator / bad building material) But cheap/easy for mass production.. They do have a liner that helps, but only with cleanup.I have not seen any for 90.00 Myself.
    Brinsea makes some great machines .I just hate to brag on stuff that's not made in USA...cva34

4. georgiagail

georgiagail Chillin' With My Peeps

Love both my Brinseas (bought through their website) and my Lyon Turn-X (won on ebay) incubators. Both are rock steady on temperature.

Brinsea has a site on facebook and they often offer 10 percent off specials.

Gail

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by